小编:BEC商务英语,商务英语考试中的No.1,含金量已经无需多言。但是,无论是还在犹豫是否要参加BEC考试的,还是已经通过BEC考试的,都在疑惑到底学了BEC有什么用呢?本节目通过核心学习、词汇、课文、对话等四方面内容让BEC活学活用起来。
Ⅰ.核心学习:Weekend away with Colleagues 与同事周末去玩
Steve: I am so tired of the city life.
史蒂夫:我很厌倦城市生活。
Mike: Do you mean all the long hours at work as well as the noise and bustle of the big smoke?
迈克: 你是指工作时间很长以及嘈杂的声音和飞驰的浓烟?
Steve: Got it in one my friend.
史蒂夫:没错,我的朋友。
Mike: How about we suggest that we all go away for a company outing to somewhere rural?
迈克: 我们建议公司里所有的人去乡下某个地方玩玩,怎么样?
Steve: That sounds like an interesting idea. Where could we go?
史蒂夫:这想法听起来很有意思。我们可以去哪?
Mike: Well we live in this huge city, so how about we go somewhere that is the complete opposite?
迈克:嗯,我们住在大城市里,因此我们要去一个截然不同的地方,怎么样?
Steve: Do you mean somewhere in the countryside?
史蒂夫:你是指农村?
Mike: Yep - let’s find a small village and spend the weekend away.
迈克:没错―我们去找一个小村子,然后在那里度周末。
Steve: Cool! And it will be even better if we can convince the taskmaster to pay the bill!
史蒂夫:酷!如果我们能说服头儿掏钱,那就更好了!
Ⅱ.单词简析
1) Bustle: moving quickly
飞奔:快速移动
ex:Sometimes the hustle and bustle of the city just gets me down, so I escape to somewhere slower and quieter.
有时候城里熙熙攘攘的景象让我觉得很沮丧,所以我要逃到一个节奏慢点、安静点的地方。
2) Outing: a trip away
外出:旅行
ex:One of the best ways to refresh yourself is to have an outing somewhere completely different.
恢复精力最好的方法之一是到一个截然不同的地方旅行。
3) Rural: the opposite of urban, the countryside
乡间:城市的反面,农村
ex:The majority of Chinese people live in rural areas and not in big cities.
大多数的中国人生活在农村而不是大城市。
4) Taskmaster: your boss, the person who tell you what to do
头儿:你的老板
ex:I can’t go out for a beer tonight because my taskmaster wants me to finish an important report.
今晚我不能去喝啤酒,因为我的上司想让我完成一份重要报告。