编辑推荐您关注:
在2010年职称英语考试备考期间,读书人编辑整理了一些资料供大家参考:
not so much + N as + N结构︰not so much+名词+as+名词
说明︰此句型意为“与其说是…倒不如说是…”。相当于“<名词>+rather than+<名词>”。
He is not so much a writer as a scholar.
与其说他是作家倒不如说他是学者。
He is not so much a genius as a hard worker.
他的努力胜于天份。
The Apollo program was not so much a scientific achievement as a technical accomplishment.
阿波罗计划与其说是一项科学成果,不如说是一项技术成就。
…… as …… as one can
more...
结构︰…as+形容词/副词/名词+as one can
说明︰此句型意为“尽可能…”。“as …… as one can”相当于“as …… as possible”。one 要随<主词>的人称而变化,而 can 要随<时态>变化。
To speak English fluently, you had better read as many English articles as you can.
要想把英文讲得很流利,你最好尽量多看英文文章。
Take as much exercise as you can.
尽可能多做运动。
Be as careful as you can.
尽可能小心。
Our teacher explained the lesson to us as clearly as he could.
我们的老师尽可能清楚地为我们解释这一课。
She needed to soften her request to make it as polite and courteous as she could.
她需要使请求语气柔婉,以便尽可能把它变成有礼貌与客气。
You should be as careful as you can in making friends.
在交朋友方面,你应该尽可能小心。
We had better learn by heart as many sentence patterns as we can.
我们最好尽可能多背句型。
I looked down the road as far as I could.
我尽可能遥望这条路。
I will try to save as much as I can.
我会设法尽可能多储蓄。
You should remain as quiet as you can.
你应尽可能地保持沉默。