Business Negotiations
贸易谈判
Key Sentences 重点句子
We had expected much lower prices.
我们希望报价再低一些。
I can show you other quotations that are lower than yours.
我可以把比贵公司报价低得多的价目给你看看。
But the market prices are changing frequently
但是市场价格随时都在变化
The demand for our products has kept rising
要求定购我们产品的人越来越多
We have new methods like compensation trade and joint venture
我们有一些新方法,比如补偿贸易和合资经营
I think a joint venture would be benficial to us both
我认为合资经营对双方都是有利的
Please give us your proposal if you’re ready for that
如果你愿意做合资经营,请提出你的方案。
Dialogue 对话
A:Shall we start our business talk ,Mr.John son ?
约翰孙先生,可以开始我们的谈判了吗?
B:Yes,To tell you the truth we are greatly surprised at the prices you offer us .We had expected much lower prices.
是的,实话告诉你,我们对你们提供的价目很吃惊,我们预计的价格要低的多
A:This year’s prices are higher than last year’s But they are still lower than the quotations you can get elsewhere.
今年的价格是比去年高一些,无论你在哪里,你也找不到比这还低的的报价了
B: I’m afaid I can’t agree with you on these .I can show you other quotions that are lower than yours.
我不同意你在这一点上的看法,我可以把比贵公司报价低的多的价目表给你看看
A: When you compare the prices .you must take everything into consideration .Our products are of high qualicy
当你在考虑对比价格时,必须把一切都要考虑进去。我们产品质量很高
B:I garnt that yours are of better quality . But still we don’t think we can succeed in persuading our clients to buy at such high prices.
我承认你们的质量好一些,但我们无法说服我们的顾客出如此高的价
A: I can assure you the prices we offer you are very favorable . I don’t think you’ll have any difficulty in pushing sales.
我敢保证我们向你提供的价位是非常优惠的,我认为你们推销时不会有任何困难。
B:But the market prices are changing frequently..How can I be sure that market will not fall before the arrival of goods at our port ?
但是市场价格随时都在变化,我怎样才能保证货物到达我们我们那价格不会下跌呢?
A: No, I don’t see that you can .It’s up to you to decide.
你是不能保证, 这得由你自己决定
B:If you can promise delivery before July2000, I’ll be able to decide .It looks as if the market won’t go down untill then.
如果你能保证在2007年7月前发货,我可以决定,看起来到那时价格不会下跌。
A:Delivery in August is the best we can do for you .The demand for our products has kept rising.
我们最早能在8月份为你们发货,要求定购我们产品的人越来越多。
B:How long will your offer hold good ?
一般你们报盘的有效期是多长?
A:For three days,as usual. I hope you’ll make up your mind soon. Mr.Johnsoon, is there anything else you want to get ?
通常是三天,我希望你能尽快作决定,约翰逊先生,你还需要别的什么吗?
B:Nothing more . I will think about what we have discussed.
没有了,我需要考虑一下已经谈过的问题
A:Shall we call it a day ?
今天就谈到这里吧?
B:Yes .all of us deserve a good rest after the marathon negotiations.
是呀,在这马拉松式似的谈判之后是该好好休息了?
A:let’s dine out this evening.It’s on me.
让我们出去吃饭吧,今天我请客
B:It sounds great. Shall I call a taxi ?
真是太棒了,我叫的士吧?
A: No,We’ve got a car over there in the parking lot.
不用了,我们的车停在那边。
B:let’s go right away,shall we ?
马上走吧,好吗?
A:OK.
好的
(They are on the way to the restaurant)
(他们在去饭店的路上)
B:So tomorrow we’re going to sign the contract at last Perhaps some day we can sign a long‐ erm agreement.
明天我们终于可以签合同了,也许我们还可以签一个长期合同。
A:Yes, why not ?
是的,为什么不可以呢?
B:Let’s work harder for that .By the way,you’ve adopted some more flexible ways in trade recently.Is that true ?
让我们更努力吧,顺便问一下,听说最近你们在贸易方面采取了更灵活的方式,对吗?
A:Yes, we have new methods like compensation trade and joint venture
是的,我们有一些新方法,比如补偿贸易和合资经营
B:I think a joint venture would be beneficial to us both.
我认为合资经营对双方都是有利的。
A:So do I Please give us your proposal if you’re ready for that.
我也这样认为,如果你愿意做合资经营,请提出你的方案
B:I will.
我会的
A:We won’t have another marathon negotiation,I suppose.
我想我们不会再有马拉松式的谈判了
B:No,As a matter of fact ,I don’t have the patience.
不会的,事实上,我几乎都没有耐心了
A:Well,here we are.
好了,我们到了
B:Wow,it’s so beautiful.What’s the restaurant?
哦,太漂亮了,这是什么宾馆
A:It’s named’ Lou – Wai –Lou’
名叫楼外楼
B:Pardon ?
再说一遍
A:Literally ,it means pavilion beyond pavilion A famous restaurant in Nanjing.
照字义,意思是楼外还有楼,是南京一家著名的宾馆