A:Dr.Han, it's my pleasure to introduce you my colleague Sharon Hassison. Sharon, this is Dr.Han, my chemistry.(韩博士,我很高兴把我的同事沙伦.海丝逊介绍给您.沙伦,这是韩博士,我的化学教授)
B:How do you do Sharon? It's a pleasure to meet you.(你好,沙伦.很高兴见到你.)
C:How do you do, Dr.Han?(你好,韩博士)
Dialogue Two
A:Bob, I'd like you to meet my roomate Christos. Christos is from Greece and is studying English. Christos, I think you've heard me talk about Bob. He is a good friend from high school, and we played baseball together.(鲍勃,我愿意把你介绍给我的同屋克里斯托斯,他是希腊人,正在学英语.克里斯托斯,我想你听我谈起过鲍勃.他是我高中的好友,我们常在一起打棒球.)
B:Oh,yes. Nice to meet you.(是的,很高兴见到你)
C:Nice meeting you, too.(我也很高兴见到你)
Fnctions
Making introductions 介绍
* It's my pleasure to introduce you to... 我很高兴把...介绍给您.
* I'd like to introduce you to... 我愿意把您介绍给...
* Let me intrroduce you to... 让我给你介绍...
* I'd like you to meet... 我想让你见见...
* I don't think you've ever met... 我想你没见过...吧?
* May I introduce...to you? 我可以把...介绍给您吗?
* Have you met...? 你见过...吗?
* Please meet... 请见一下...
* Do you know...? 你认识...吗?
* This is... 这是...
Responding to introductions 对介绍的回答
* How do you do? It's a pleasure to meet you. 您好,很高兴见到您.
* How are you? I'm pleased to meet you. 你好,很高兴见到你.
* Hello. It's nice to see you. 你好,很愉快见到你.
* Good to see you. 见到你很高兴.
* Hi.Nice to see you.嗨,见到你很愉快.
* Same here. 我也同样(高兴见到你)
Making self-introductions 自我介绍
* May I introduce myself? My name is... 我可以介绍一下自己吗?我叫...
* How do you do? I'm... 你好,我是...
* Please let me introduce myself. I'm... 请让我介绍我自己.我是...
* Hello. My name is... 你好,我叫...
* Hi. I'm... 嗨,我是...
Notes:
一般来说,低级别的人先被介绍给高级别的人,男士先被介绍给女士,年轻人先被介绍给老年人,然后再反向介绍.男士被介绍给其他男士时通常握手致意.当女士被介绍给男士时,女士可以选择握手或不握手.男士要等女士先伸出手来再握手.现在时代变了很多,许多人觉得做介绍时,尤其在非正式场合,不必拘泥于过去的习俗.握手要时间短而有力,美国人认为有力握手是直率和诚实的表现.